Tuesday, September 11, 2012

...Faruq Z. Bey & the Northwoods Improvisers...

Faruq Z. Bey and the Northwoods Improvisers are a jazz group that I came across a year or so ago, and keep coming back to every now and then when the jazz bug bites me.  I've intended to put a mix together compiling this sort of stuff, but I haven't been able to get around to it.  Unfortunately, this past week, as I was revisiting some of his tunes, I discovered that Faruq actually passed away back in June.  So here, are a couple of tracks in memory of him and his great work.  You can also refer to the avant-garde jazz group, Griot Galaxy, to experience some of his earlier work from the 70's and 80's. Hopefully in the near future I'll finally be able to wrap up that mix that I've had in the works.  RIP Faruq Z. Bey.

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff, Josh... Thanks for posting...
    Lots of love,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete